LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Upgrade from the p8400 to the t9400?

willmoser

I was wondering if it will be worth it for me to buy a t9400? A guy on ebay is offering me a new one for 120. I currently have a p8400 in my system which is 2.26 with a 3mb cache and the t9400 is 2.53 with a 6mb cache. I know that the small speed difference wont really be noticable, but what about the jump in cache? I use my notebook primarily for gaming and any fps increase would be great. I was also looking at the t9800 but im not sure if i can afford it, i found one for about 350.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Get the T9400. It will be noticeable in games but remember it will drain more power. P series use 25W T series use 35W.

Alright i will thanks for the advice.

i dont really mind the power, i dont think i have ever used this laptop when its not plugged in haha.

If you don't mind power, you should definitely get the T9400. I for one mind power cause I want more battery life.

wow thanks for the great advice. My GTA IV benchmark went from 23 fps to 40 fps, insane..... hahahaha