LaptopVideo2Go Forums

overclocking cpu ?

fasondan

is there any way to overclock p8600 processor ? is there a pll for our chipset so i can use SetFSB then get a better overclock on cpu,ram and gpu ???

Highly unlikely. CPU overclocking is limited by the bios and most laptop manufacturers to not offer CPU overclocking. You can only overclock if the manufacturer lists it as a feature of the laptop.

GPUs can be overclocked as that is controlled at a driver level

RAM is bios controlled, so if you can't overclock your CPU then odds are you can't overclock your RAM.

check your chipset on the motherboard using cpuid, if you have an nvidia chipset you can oc mem and cpu by the fsb in nvidia system tools. what i want to know is if i get an extreme processor with the multiplier unlocked can i change the mutiplier with nvidia system tools? anybody?

Holy crap :) i know i should buy that msi notebook with t7700 processor and 8600m gt gddr3 instead of stylish HP :) Some guys overclocked their asus laptops with t9300 processor and they wrote that their ram frequencies also raised .

Edited by fasondan

I can use setfsb to increase cpu\ram\pcie, you have to check if your motherboard is supported. Just saying you use a P8600 leaves me none the wiser.

http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/

You'll have to email the Japanese guy who makes it if it isn't.

Au_X, he was talking about the FSB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_side_bus

Exile, I think you can only do that in the bios with mobile extremes. Someone here with an extreme should be able to let you know for sure.

• 7 months later...