LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 7 Release Candidate

Galdere

The Win7 RC is now available to download from MS, for those who haven't got build 7100 already.

It's available til at least July and there are no restrictions on the number of product keys.

Although it is licensed until 1.6.10, it will shut down every two hours after the 1.3.10.

Download

Guest heyhey

Welcome to the old news... you're like a week behind...

I am already running Windows 7 RC with DOX drivers for at least a week now. Really fast. love it.

I'm not a week behind thanks. It was on limited (MS TechNet) release last week and general release when I posted.

Here is the proof from the Win7 dev's blog:

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/default.aspx

If you got it off p2p or something and you already had a licence then that doesn't make this old news.

Your post only shows off what you don't know about the source.

They said 25-30% increase in Aero and Window performance over the beta.

I'm not a week behind thanks. It was on limited (MS TechNet) release last week and general release when I posted.

Here is the proof from the Win7 dev's blog:

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/default.aspx

If you got it off p2p or something and you already had a licence then that doesn't make this old news.

Your post only shows off what you don't know about the source.

Touché :)

On that note, anyone got feedback using vista drivers (specifically graphics I guess) on win7rc?

Works nicely, just as quick as XP, but visually more appealing and CPU temperature seems to be lower. However, I have some problems with GPU drivers and Rivatuner. It's the latest version (2.24), but still claims that it does not support any Win7 driver I tried (185.85 from LV2G and 181.71 from WU). OC does not work until driver version is forced in settings and some functionality is missing. Moreover, when I removed the driver, the system would throw BSOD on restart and required rolling back to one of restore points in order to proceed. Anyone having similar problems?

Guest Shokz
Works nicely, just as quick as XP, but visually more appealing and CPU temperature seems to be lower. However, I have some problems with GPU drivers and Rivatuner. It's the latest version (2.24), but still claims that it does not support any Win7 driver I tried (185.85 from LV2G and 181.71 from WU). OC does not work until driver version is forced in settings and some functionality is missing. Moreover, when I removed the driver, the system would throw BSOD on restart and required rolling back to one of restore points in order to proceed. Anyone having similar problems?

Ugh, same here, this really annoyed me, the only setting i can change is fan speed and to be honest that's no use what-so-ever...