LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Maximum Core Temp?

Guest Steve

Guest Steve

Just wondering if any of you know the maximum core temp for a nvidia 8600m gt. I am using a dell XPS M 1530, and recently downloaded rivatuner.

I have always noticed my laptop gets very hot during gaming. Sometimes it is difficult to rest my hands on it, since it is so damn hot. Rivatuner gave me a core temp of about 90-95C, yet the riva tutorial I followed suggested staying below 70C.

Would it be bad to go above 100C? 105C?

Guest Kashim

i have the sayme GK as yours with an MSI megabook GX700 performance and my tems are when im @desktop 55-60C and when i play never over 85C but i know it goes risky when you reach 120+ coz many guys here has tems with 100-115C wuth same GK but they OCéd it.

It would be bad to go over 100C - water boils at that temperature. The shut down limit for video cards is around 110 - 120C

Your core temperaure is actually quite high. My XPS never goes over 80C, even during summer... and I live in Australia, where ambient temperature averages about 35C during summer months.

With your XPS, I highly recommend putting some blocks at the back (where the battery is) to prop it up because the laptop draws air from underneath, and with the standard battery there is very little clearance.

I'd consider 85 C pretty safe; sustained over 90-95 C is going clearly to shorten the life of the card.