LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware m9750 with 7950GTX

djmafia

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been having problems with low FPS in the game Team Fortress 2 that I did not use to have. I tried several versions of Alienware's drivers and they don't seem to be working well. I noticed that they have not updated these drivers since mid-2008.

I downloaded the driver version 179.48 from here because it was one of the few that supported my graphics card (7950 GTX). However, I can't seem to find the Alienware specific .inf file. Also, after I finish installing the 179.48 drivers using the have-disk method, the NVidia control panel does not work due to a lack of nvExpBar.dll.

In addition, it does not detect or install my second card using SLI. I know this is probably where I will need the modified INF file that I can't seem to find.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct driver version and the NVAW.inf file?

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Guest anonymizer

Yea I am experiencing the same thing with my Nvidia Go Geforce 7950 GTX video card. And my alienware's warranty just expired. I don't know what to do. On boot, I get this weird error message sometimes: PXE-E61 cable unplugged, NTDLR undetected need to restart press ctrl + alt + del. I was told this is a windows problem and I should just reinstall. Really is that the problem?

I'm not sure what I should do. I'm backing up my data so that I can try reinstalling, hoping that works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...you may want to check in with AW My Hive for a possible solution. I do hsow that 179.48 is the latest driver release for XP and Vista and Windows 7.

If you do reinstall, please follow the M9750 Drivers Installation Sequence steps.

Let us know how it goes.