LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ATI Mobility HD 3850 vBIOS

Guest Frostman

Guest Frostman

HI

I require original ATI Mobility HD 3850 512 MB DDR3 BIOS. I have MSI GT735 with ATI Mobility HD 3850 512 MB DDR3 with very poor stock clock :) 480 MHz engine and 600 MHz memory. Original 3850 have 550 MHz engine and 750 memory http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-...850.9596.0.html. I would like to overclock my 3850, but when tried it I found that it is no possible from Catalyst 8.10. I overclocked it with modification of my current bios. It works pretty well, but from Catalyst 8.9 game and all 3D application start crashing. I don´t understand it. To Catalyst 8.8 I had 630 engine and 850 memory and after Catalyst 8.9 I must underclocked to 500 engine and 650 memory. :P When I tried increase memory it works on 850 without problems, but not gain my any performance in games. Temperature of GPU was 75 °C and after overclocking max temperature was 85 °C. When I overclocked to 630 and 850 performance gains in Red Alert 3 was almost 50 % :) from 21 fps to 30 fps (I have enable v-sync). I think that problem is in MSI 3850 vBIOS engine voltage, because in voltage table I have only 0,950 V and 1,100 V. In ATI Mobility HD 3650 is 0,950 V, 1,100 V and 1,200 V. I think that engine require on high frequency above 500 MHz with latest Catalyst driver (probably us more aggressive whole GPU) more voltage as 1,100 V.

Thank you for yours suggestions and replies

Hi could you post your 3850 vbios please?

You're lucky you can even overclock with the new catalyst, I can't o/c my 3650 in all release after 8.10...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Could you post your vbios please?

I need vbios for use asus 3850 trinity in my laptop.