LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Extensa 4630G - MXM or not?

kisetsu17

Hi all. I'm new to this forums, and signed up to just ask this question. (and of course contribute in the future, I'm loving these notebook-hardware stuff forums :)

Anyway, I've been getting whammies trying to OC my card, and a good friend of mine back in notebookreview forums suggested a swap of my GPU.

Yeah, sure, I said, I'd go with that--if it's possible!

Not being able to open up my laptop since it has this weird underside (tell me if you guys need pictures) that only has covers and stuff in the important places--harddrive, RAM and wireless card. (All separate, not like some of Aspires where it has one single cover for the stuff + GPU)

For the lack of a service manual, and with the presence of my Warranty, I still am having doubts in opening my laptop, although in NBR they say that Acer Canada won't void your warranty as long as you put back the stock parts in when you send it for repairs.

What I'm counting at is that there might be someone using the same laptop as moi, or perhaps someone has had experiences repairing and/or upgrading the notebook. I chanced upon a site that sells a VGA unit for the thing, but they didn't put up pictures so I can't tell just by that if the card is truly an MXM. Although we're guessing that if the card is MXM then it's most probably MXM-II.

I hope you guys could help the newbie. Thanks! :)

Aw, man, come on, anybody?

GPU's an nVidia GeForce 9300M GS..is there no other way I can determine if it is MXM without having to open up my notebook?

• 2 weeks later...
yes, you can use saint. google to know more :)

You say yes, it is MXM? I'm eternally using Google, but I really can't find any leads whatsoever, just gives me back this post right here as a result, so...