LaptopVideo2Go Forums

updated synaptics hacked drivers ?

Guest AhZ

Hi there,

any chance for someone to update the hacked drivers to a version a tiny bit more up to date, since those drivers have been out there for quiet some time now ?? (better scrolling and FF compatibility for Chiral would be heaven :P )

@Discrucio Anima :

1st of all, thanks mate for your work... i cant imagine going back using the officials drivers, your hacked drivers made my life much easier, so for that THANKS :)

But i was just wondering if you could post a little tutorial on how you did modify the 10.2.4 drivers to include Chiral and momentum ?? That way, plenty more people (including me :) ) could play around with them and will, surely, found a way to get rid off the hardware lock (or at least to bypass it) and to get the 11.x.x drivers to work with those great features... (if you already did so, my apologise for asking again, but i havent found anything on how to modify the drivers...)

• 1 month later...

I could really use having middle click enabled, tapping with two fingers or pushing both touch pad buttons

• 2 months later...

Don't know if this a bit too late, but I just found a solution to the FF capability with Chiral feature. run this command: taskkill /im SynTPEnh.exe

or you can type it into notepad and save it as .bat and double click it every time you want the Chiral feature to work in FF (or you can put it into startup folder)

This doesn't actually kill the SynTPEnh.exe, but somehow it works. Hope you will comeback some day and find this, OR maybe provide me a newer version of our hacked driver ;}

Hi there,

any chance for someone to update the hacked drivers to a version a tiny bit more up to date, since those drivers have been out there for quiet some time now ?? (better scrolling and FF compatibility for Chiral would be heaven :P )

@Discrucio Anima :

1st of all, thanks mate for your work... i cant imagine going back using the officials drivers, your hacked drivers made my life much easier, so for that THANKS :)

But i was just wondering if you could post a little tutorial on how you did modify the 10.2.4 drivers to include Chiral and momentum ?? That way, plenty more people (including me :) ) could play around with them and will, surely, found a way to get rid off the hardware lock (or at least to bypass it) and to get the 11.x.x drivers to work with those great features... (if you already did so, my apologise for asking again, but i havent found anything on how to modify the drivers...)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this a bit too late, but I just found a solution to the FF capability with Chiral feature. run this command: taskkill /im SynTPEnh.exe

or you can type it into notepad and save it as .bat and double click it every time you want the Chiral feature to work in FF (or you can put it into startup folder)

This doesn't actually kill the SynTPEnh.exe, but somehow it works. Hope you will comeback some day and find this, OR maybe provide me a newer version of our hacked driver ;}

yess, cool thx for the trick :)

No chance on getting your hands on newer drivers than the 10.2.4 ??

Guest shifuimam

You might try the Microsoft update catalog site:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/search.aspx?q=synaptics

I downloaded the entry titled "Synaptics - Input - Synaptics Composite USB Human Interface Device" for my Windows 7 Home Premium installation on my Acer Aspire One. Everything works perfectly, including ChiralMotion, and there are more options in the control panel than were in Acer's own drivers for XP (which I managed to get installed but were terribly unstable and crashed constantly).