LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia GeForce 6100 GO | Vista 32bit

bg1256

Hello everyone,

First, thanks for this great forum!

I read through the Quickstart Guide, and things make pretty good sense. I know I have the capacity to download and install a driver using the modded INF if necessary.

However, I do have a couple questions.

From the Quickstart Guide:

In general which series you should use with your card is;

GeForce 8xxx cards - 160 and up.

GeForce 7xxx cards - 80 and up.

<b>GeForce 6xxx cards - 70 and up.</b>

GeForce FX (5xxx) cards - 70 and up.

GeForce 4xxx cards - 60 and up.

GeForce 3 cards - 60 and up.

GeForce 2 cards - 60 and up.

Quadro cards - 80 and up.

First: In this section, "GO" cards are not mentioned specifically, which gives me a bit of hesitation. If I were

to download the latest driver and INF for the 6xxx series (i.e. 70 and up), would it work with my "GO" driver (even though the Quickstart Guide doesn't say so specifically)?

Second: When I navigated to the link to the 70 and up drivers (http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/3-support-discussion-english/5), I only found one thread with a Vista driver -- the rest were XP only -- and the Vista driver was listed as beta.

So in short, I'm looking to upgrade my graphics driver -- which is originally from August, 2006!!! -- so that I can get better video performance (and the occasional game), and I'm comfortable with the steps I need to take, but I don't know where to find the appropriate driver and INF files.

Thanks!

Edited by bg1256

Oops, I think I posted this in the wrong section. I will repost in Support.

My apologies for that...