LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DELL XPS M1530 VIDEO OUT

gmmm

Hello everyone,

I have a DELL XPS M1530 with a Geforce 8600M GT DDR3 256MB and I have a problem connecting it to my TV. When I first bought my laptop, connecting it to my TV through the S-VIDEO connection works very well (I think the drivers were 167.XX).

Right now, I'm using the latest driver, 186.06 from NVIDIA's website and the video out does not work anymore.

Can someone tell me which driver versions will support video out?

Thank you

Did you apply the BIOS update that nVidia lists for the 1530?

Yes I did, but that bios mainly fixes the fan speeds of the card to avoid overheating

Edited by gmmm

Yeah, I was just checking in case somehow the BIOS had something to do with it. Have you tried any of desktop drivers with a modified inf? I'm not sure how common s-video is on laptops, so maybe they stopped including support. I think my 1520 has one of those ports, but my other three laptops either have just vga or vga and hdmi..

Thanks anyway! I'm going to buy an HDMI cable soon and I'll test it with that. it's possible they've stopped supporting S-video :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pianoman

Hi,

Had the same problem and was on the phone with Dell for hours. I suggested that we reinstall the video diver that came with the computer. That worked and I now have s video back.