LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Another Quadro FX 1600Mer that needs help

Papa_Joe

I believe this may have been discussed but there were so many other issues in the posting I thought prudent to ask in my own post.

I have a HP8710w that has the Quadro FX 1600M in it. I understand that this is specifically designed for CAD not gaming. However, I was informed by several sources that you can trick your system into thinking that this is a different card (using RivaTuner) so that I can game with this computer. I can play other games (Americas Army 2.xx, and a few low end) but when I updated to a game that uses U3 engine (Americas Army 3.0) I am unable to play. I believe it is the card that is the issue.

Can someone confirm or deny this capability (RivaTuner method) and if it has worked for someone the process for doing so would be greatly appreciated. I have approximately 510 (yes I said 510 lol) of these HPs with the 1600M I purchased for running LAN tournies so whomever assists will be my new hero

Is your problem only with America's Army 3?

Softmodding of hardware with RivaTuner did work last time probably with go5xxx or go6xxx chips.

Here is FX to Quadro discussion:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=...tmodding+mobile

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=...tmodding+mobile

What's your "unable to play" problem in detail? You always can pretend to have 8.xxxM mobile card by installing the driver via have disk method. Benchmark performance difference between 8700M GT and Quadro FX1600M is negligible. Just get the latest drivers - what are you using now?

So far it seems to only happen with games associated with U3 engines.

Is your problem only with America's Army 3?

yes it seems to only happen with this. The earlier versions of the game seem to work just fine. However, when 3.0 was developed they converted to using the U3 engine. That seems to be the only difference between the two games. Now, after updating to 185.85 (driver update) screen goes black when it loads and I cannot play. Have to restart computer.

It might be a (new) Nvidia bug - try the latest 186.24 or alternatively slightly older ones.

Guest mRgAmEwAtCh

i have only a quadro nvs 320m, but the chip is the same. i think you should test some other drivers, like the original mobile forceware driver from nvidia.com.

actually I use the 186.03 and have no problems with games

my sys is Vista 64bit, but I tested also Vista 32bit and XP 32bit and had no problems, so maybe the quadro drivers are the problem