LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with 9500M GS and drivers

Guest S.Kraus

Guest S.Kraus

Hello, I've got a problem with my graphic card, as soon as I install a driver older than 180.84 version, as soon as the install is done there are some black blurred stripes popping up from time to time, not staying long but coming quite often. Anyone knows what I mean? It's like when there is some interference on tv. Can anyone help me with this? I'd like to update my drivers !

Thanks in advance !

PS: I've got a acer aspire 5920G, gefore 9500M GS, T5550, 4GB DDR2, and windows vista 32bits edition

Guest Razorblader

Hello, I've got a problem with my graphic card, as soon as I install a driver older than 180.84 version, as soon as the install is done there are some black blurred stripes popping up from time to time, not staying long but coming quite often. Anyone knows what I mean? It's like when there is some interference on tv. Can anyone help me with this? I'd like to update my drivers !

Thanks in advance !

PS: I've got a acer aspire 5920G, gefore 9500M GS, T5550, 4GB DDR2, and windows vista 32bits edition

Yes, know what you mean. Still have the same problem with my 9650m GT (in an ASUS Notebook).

If I deinstall the 185.85 and reinstall 179.48 beta, the flimmering (litle Pixels/Stripes in upper top (Desktop) and popup-windows) disappears.

Anyone having a solution? - Or explanation?!

I mean, its an OFFICIAL driver...

Guest secr9tos

hi,

how do you install the driver? using have-disk, uninstalling old one and than reinstall or just executing the setup.exe for "updating"?

may you try to remove (all) driver-software untill the devicemanager says you have a VGA card installed, then try again.

hope this helps.

secr9tos

Guest S.Kraus

hi,

how do you install the driver? using have-disk, uninstalling old one and than reinstall or just executing the setup.exe for "updating"?

may you try to remove (all) driver-software untill the devicemanager says you have a VGA card installed, then try again.

hope this helps.

secr9tos

That's the way I used to update it, until it says VGA card but unfortunately that didn't help, I even used driver sweeper to have a clean install

Anyone knows what to do please?

Guest Ajimi255

Thanks in advance !

try turning off powermizer using the powermizer switch.. it helps with mine. its what i call graphic corruption. happens after i overclocked it months ago. now if i use newer driver than the original Acer supplied driver the screen would some time flicker or black blurred stripes just like u describe it.. the graphic corruption occur when the performance level change.. say when ur doing nothing the graphic card would clock down to the lowest clock.. then suddenly you start playing games or movies or even open internet browser the screen would get corrupted.. & its very annoying as mine when it happens the laptop lockup. i solved it by turning off powermizer so that the performance level is constant/the highest..

Guest S.Kraus

Yeah I've thought about turning off powermizer but as my card goes up to 95° degrees when playing GTA4 I am a bit scared about letting it at max performance all day long (by the way, is it normal to get 95? I've read it can go up to 115 or something but still it's scary !)

So I was searching for another solution to avoid this

Yeah I've thought about turning off powermizer but as my card goes up to 95° degrees when playing GTA4 I am a bit scared about letting it at max performance all day long (by the way, is it normal to get 95? I've read it can go up to 115 or something but still it's scary !)

So I was searching for another solution to avoid this

wow that is really hot :) mine only got up to 70 degrees max playing gta4. does the graphic card originally come with the laptop? or did you swap it in? maybe you need to reseat the heatsink. apply new thermal paste.. or try to blow dust off on the cooling fan opening if its blocked..

& btw, even if you turn off powermizer and the card running at full speed, the temp wont go that high if its not underload (e.g. playing games). thats why i suggest you to turn off powermizer & see if the corruption is gone. :) i've read that graphic corruption can be cause by a failing graphic memory chip :S & for your info, my graphic card is already replaced by acer because it was dead a month ago. replaced with a new one but still the graphic corruption is there.. i'm not sure if 9500m gs is already labeled as faulty card but hopefully not..

Guest secr9tos

hi,

I also think that you should turn off powermizer. if it's turned off your gpu won't become hotter than "usual". this builtin "powermizer" only reduces battery-power-consumtion on notebooks using gpu-throttling. give it a try.

ps. may use e.g gpuz for monitoring gpu-temp or create a nvidia-rule which automatically shuts your notebook down if the core temp reaches 95°C.

secr9tos

Guest S.Kraus

I've just noticed that ever since I undervolted my cpu, the cpu fan doesn't run at full speed at all, might the high temp of the graphic card come from this?

If it comes from this, how do you think I can fix this? Are there any program that allows to set up rules like "if graphic card is 80° run fan at full speed" ? (and what would be the recommended rule please, sorry I'm a complete newbie :) I don't even know if it's ok to let the fan run at full speed)

Guest LIDER

Hi everybode!

I have the SAME PROBLEM!

I have acer 5920g with 9500m gs, and if I install the drivers newer than 182, I see sudennly stripes time to time!

What is the solution??? I've tried to turn OFF power mizer, but this way dosent work((