LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Gears of War on Geforce 9300m GS

rabidgamer

Hello people,

I want to ask if there's a way to optimize the performance of Geforce 9300m GS 256mb. I've been playing gears of war (an awesome game btw) and i have a problem with the stuttering issues. I've set the all the graphic setting to high and the game does run well. around 30 to 40fps most of the time (don't how i'd do it) but it does stutters alot. Is there a reason why it stutters alot? Is there a way to stop the stuttering at all if possible? Even when I put the setting the to low (the game runs at 60+ fps but it still stutters.Please help me guys for I need advise on what to do before I blow up the laptop doing unnecessary tweak.

My laptop is Acer Aspire 4930g and 3gb of ram.

Edited by rabidgamer

remember your gpu is low end.

also looking at the low end gpu, i think your cpu might be a bottleneck

what are the specs of it?

Gears of War for PC is known for its bugs. The stuttering has nothing to do with your graphics card - the game loads alot from your hdd during gameplay. I played the game on my GF 8600M GT with great fps - but i was so angry about these f*** loading times that i deinstalled Gears of War after playing a week.

a 8600M GT is quite a lot more powerfull than a 9300M GS

I will try to do what ChronicNL suggest...wish me luck :)

Gears of War for PC is known for its bugs. The stuttering has nothing to do with your graphics card - the game loads alot from your hdd during gameplay. I played the game on my GF 8600M GT with great fps - but i was so angry about these f*** loading times that i deinstalled Gears of War after playing a week.

mine load quite fast actually...somewhere around 10 to 20 second with everything set on high with 800x600 rez