LaptopVideo2Go Forums

help with HP dv6871us: 8400M GS

roy4ever

I would like to know is the best driver for Geforce 8400M GS and which inf file should i use. I have XP sp3 prof.

i went to and found out that it support my card if I use "nvaa.inf" file but when i click on inf modified it downloads nv4_disp.inf instead of nvaa.inf. so my question are:

1. is v190.40 is right driver for my card or is there another latest version i should be using?

2. if it is right driver than do i have to find nvaa.inf file or can i just download nv4_disp.inf from same page and replace it in driver folder. than install the driver.

3. how can i uninstall the older version driver so i can use this newer version

thanks a lot in advance

Open up start menu, then control panel, then add or remove programs. Find your drivers there and uninstall them. You can use an app like Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner to remove redundant files, but that's not necessary. After rebooting your system you can install new drivers.

You won't have to play with the INF if you use Dox Optimised Forceware. E.g. 185.68.

Open up start menu, then control panel, then add or remove programs. Find your drivers there and uninstall them. You can use an app like Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner to remove redundant files, but that's not necessary. After rebooting your system you can install new drivers.

You won't have to play with the INF if you use Dox Optimised Forceware. E.g. 185.68.

my question is than what driver should i install and can you give me the link too. R u saying that i should use 185.68 the one that you provided link for. is there a another latest version?

Also it would really helpful if you write down few steps for ex. where to go and which file i need to install

Edited by roy4ever

Yes, use the 185.68. It's the last version available for XP. It comes with its own installer so you just run it and follow what it says.

Yes, use the 185.68. It's the last version available for XP. It comes with its own installer so you just run it and follow what it says.

Thanks I will give it a try when i go home. Thanks a lot dude

ok I just tried it and it works. Thanks.

Edited by roy4ever