LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus c90s

Joao Mourato

The company I work for has 4 asus C90s, its a great computer, good specs and all but has a tendency to run too hot, (better said it scorches!!!).

So a couple of weeks ago the oldest (2,5 years old) dies on the user and I cant get it to work anymore until I get the chance to swap the video board with another c90, and (of course) it works, and i realize I have a 1000€ machine with a replaceable dead vga card.

Fast forward and I get to MXM-UPGRADE.COM and here I am.

My question is, has anyone tried MXM Upgrade products on a C90s?

Thanks.

Edited by Joao Mourato

i never tried that site to buy video cards from it, but i do know that zepto can sell you a video card for it. the 9600m gt has been tested to work but needs some modification, like a custom built heat sink and a minor vbios edit. they also hold some 9650m gt and some gt 130m cards, both should technically work, but have not been tested. i suppose they would at least require a custom heat sink to be used. (i ordered a gt 130m myself and am crossing my fingers for when it arrives.) if you don't feel like taking chances, just try to find a 8600 on ebay. but then again, you will be taking another kind of chance there...

i never tried that site to buy video cards from it, but i do know that zepto can sell you a video card for it. the 9600m gt has been tested to work but needs some modification, like a custom built heat sink and a minor vbios edit. they also hold some 9650m gt and some gt 130m cards, both should technically work, but have not been tested. i suppose they would at least require a custom heat sink to be used. (i ordered a gt 130m myself and am crossing my fingers for when it arrives.) if you don't feel like taking chances, just try to find a 8600 on ebay. but then again, you will be taking another kind of chance there...

i forgot to mention that you can find a step by step guide on notebook review's forums. in fact, just google c90s 9600m gt and you'll land on it without fail. the guide is very well explained with high quality pictures.