LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 7150M / nforce 630M .. HELP

MESABoogie

I could really use some help ... I have an HP Pavilion dv9724ca with the NVIDIA Geforce 7150M nforce 630M display adapter, running Vista 32bit ... I ran the Windows 7 upgrade advisor and it is telling me that there is an "update available" for the "NVIDIA NFORCE SYSTEM MANAGEMENT CONTROLLER" and to go to the manufacturers website to get it in order for it to work properly on Windows 7 ... I have been searching and can't find anything, all I can find on the Nvidia site is an nforce driver for the 630i chipset, mine is a 630M .... I have called HP and of course they were of no help and there is nothing posted on their site except for the original chipset driver that came with the laptop ... I really want to install Windows 7 and this laptop can run Windows 7 .. I would really like to resolve this one problem before going ahead with the installation to save myself a nightmare ... will Windows 7 install its own driver or do I need a newer driver, if so, where can I find it ... I have the newest driver for the video adapter from the HP site installed ... I have always been under the impression that all drivers for laptops should come from the laptop manufacturers site, but they have nothing ... I'm at my wits end and getting ready to toss the laptop against the wall ... can someone here PLEASE HELP ME .... thankyou ...

I could really use some help ... I have an HP Pavilion dv9724ca with the NVIDIA Geforce 7150M nforce 630M display adapter, running Vista 32bit ... I ran the Windows 7 upgrade advisor and it is telling me that there is an "update available" for the "NVIDIA NFORCE SYSTEM MANAGEMENT CONTROLLER" and to go to the manufacturers website to get it in order for it to work properly on Windows 7 ... I have been searching and can't find anything, all I can find on the Nvidia site is an nforce driver for the 630i chipset, mine is a 630M .... I have called HP and of course they were of no help and there is nothing posted on their site except for the original chipset driver that came with the laptop ... I really want to install Windows 7 and this laptop can run Windows 7 .. I would really like to resolve this one problem before going ahead with the installation to save myself a nightmare ... will Windows 7 install its own driver or do I need a newer driver, if so, where can I find it ... I have the newest driver for the video adapter from the HP site installed ... I have always been under the impression that all drivers for laptops should come from the laptop manufacturers site, but they have nothing ... I'm at my wits end and getting ready to toss the laptop against the wall ... can someone here PLEASE HELP ME .... thankyou ...

Dont worry i have the same notebook as yours and i just upgraded to windows 7. Everything is working perfectly and all nvidia drivers are autoinstalled after windows 7 installation via windows update. Just install the new OS and everything would be okai.

Guest MESABoogie

Dont worry i have the same notebook as yours and i just upgraded to windows 7. Everything is working perfectly and all nvidia drivers are autoinstalled after windows 7 installation via windows update. Just install the new OS and everything would be okai.

Guest MESABoogie

you have exactly the same notebook .... I am planning on doing a clean install of windows 7, I don't want to do the upgrade ... did you upgrade or clean install ... once windows 7 was installed did you go directly to the windows update site ... before doing the windows updates what devices in the device manager were listed as having problems ... I have read so many posts where there is a problem with the nvidia system management controller ... did you have that problem ... did you use any of the drivers from the HP site ... if so, could you please tell me which ones you used and what you got through windows update .... so far you are the only person that seems to be able to help me .... and do you really have the dv9724ca laptop ????????