LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Quadro 3600M HDMI?

Guest caldoer

Guest caldoer

I have an Alienware m15x and have never been able to get audio from the HDMI port, just video. After fairly poor tech support, a few hangups, and fingers pointed at multiple HDTVs- It was said that the 3600M Quadro did not support Audio+Video through HDMI. I've been a fan of this site and the provided drivers, especially since AW doesn't update drivers on their end- still drivers from either location don't fix this. Anyway, does this sound like it really could be a hardware fault and not a driver issue? It just seems odd to me that a decent Nvidia card wouldn't support this.

Sounds odd - I have no probs with HDMI sound on my Quadro 1600 - except the HDMI support with some (older) drivers has been defective/missing.

There is usually a separate driver for the HDMI audio. If you install that driver and use a newer (18x or 19x series driver) and it doesn't work after rebooting with the HDMI cable hooked up we probably can't help you with a mod inf (for the nvidia drivers).

Was the laptop advertised as having HDMI audio output and did it come with Nvidia HDMI audio drivers?

• 9 months later...

I also seem to have this problem. Has there been any solution for it. I pretty sure that the 3600m should support hdmi audio as the 1600m does as reported above and the cards came out at about the same time. Is possible to create a modified inf for the latest hd driver to support the 3600m. It could work. I am really desperate as i have searched the internet for days with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...

I have an Alienware m15x and have never been able to get audio from the HDMI port, just video. After fairly poor tech support, a few hangups, and fingers pointed at multiple HDTVs- It was said that the 3600M Quadro did not support Audio+Video through HDMI. I've been a fan of this site and the provided drivers, especially since AW doesn't update drivers on their end- still drivers from either location don't fix this. Anyway, does this sound like it really could be a hardware fault and not a driver issue? It just seems odd to me that a decent Nvidia card wouldn't support this.

Hello there everyone,

I posted sometime ago about a Video problem with my m15x HDMI output. I am still at the same point, no audio and no video. But, as for our friend up here, before I sent my notebook to Alieware to be repaired I did get Audio and Video through my HDMI output. It was just a matter of disabling, on the Realtek pannel the normal audio option and enabling Digital Audio Output.

Hope it helps.

• 1 year later...

Joao.Gri

hello i would like to know if you successed to update higher driver version than 189.86?

thanks.