LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New DELL Inspiron XPS,dream machine but (still) unaffordable

Guest Ludic

Oooohhh aaaaahhh a nice 3.4Ghz Area51M machine :)

Guest Sephiroth

Lax01: and...if someone just want to be able to work, watch dvd, work on heavy application such 3dsmax, or playing games while in travel, how to do with a regular desktop?

I know that in French trains such as TGV, you have electrical plug near your chair, but who's got the time and the energy (and the rights, of course) to install a regular desktop in a train??? ah! lol! sure you're right, 4500 bucks are expensive, but it is not a desktop, and you can't compare...

Best regards,

Sephiroth.

Do airlines allow desktops to onto Planes.

When you take your presentation to the next board meeting, does your Desktop fit into your bag?

When watching TV on the couch, fiddleing with Forums, drinking cups of coffee, still chatting with the Mrs.

Does the desktop not get in the way in its seperate little room, cold, dark and lonely.

I'm willing to sacrefise a couple of FPS for the conviniance, true laptops are a nightmare to upgrade (especially video).

But buy sensibly at the start and the laptop will last for years (mine turns 2 very soon)

Laptops have a higher resale value, so the higher price you pay, is offset with the resale value.

My 2 cents worth,

Pieter.

Guest lax01
Do airlines allow desktops to onto Planes.

When you take your presentation to the next board meeting, does your Desktop fit into your bag?

When watching TV on the couch, fiddleing with Forums, drinking cups of coffee, still chatting with the Mrs

so for watching movies you need a 3.4 Ghz P4EE processor and ATi Radeon 9700 Mobility? I'm just saying its over-priced and if you made the mistake of buying a laptop like I did, you should know that desktops are just 1000% easier to upgrade and keep up to date with the lastest technology.

just saying, in terms of money, I'd rather have a faster desktop for close to 2 or 3 times less than the XPS...but if someone gave me a XPS, I'd take it...

Lax01,

I agree I would never buy from Dell, they charge the earth for mediocre service (that I have seen from the Dell Forums)

But there are huge savings to be made when purchasing via Ebay.

I wouldn't mind a M60 with a Quadro FX go1000, also cost a fortune from Dell but lots cheaper if bought via Ebay.

Pieter.