LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT -> Add resolution higher than 1280*800

net.cat

Hi guys!

As I wrote in the title, How could I add more resolutions in my nVidia Cp ? I tried but some " test " that it does went wrong ... don't know!

Could you please help me? :)

That is the maximum for your screen...Isn't it? It isn't a 8600 GT limit. My 1520 has one and I can run at 1680x1050, but that is because that is the max for the lcd it has.

:) so how is possible that a friend's of mine with a 15.4'' monitor can reach 1680*1050 by default?

Does he have the same model or just another 15.4" laptop? The 1520 is that size, but you could get it with a 1680x1050 LCD. I think there was also a version of the 1520 that was 1440x900.

Im guessing that 1280x800 is your native resolution on ur monitor, so theres no reason to go above it? I know mine cant get above the 1440x900 native resolution. but if you attach a external monitor that can go higher, then you'll be able to get above 1280x800 on the external monitor, but as for your laptop monitor, i dont think u can go above the native.