LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v195.62 Windows 7/Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Did you uninstall the preceeding driver?

And used Driver Sweeper or something like it?

And used Driver Sweeper or something like it?

Yes

Still no idea why?

Edited by vajlent

Manually install driver through device manager.

Edited by mando

Manually install driver through device manager.

Doesn't help...

*I managed to install without error this time but still no control panel!?

Edited by vajlent

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thenetavenger

Please, can you run "Windows (Live) Photo Gallery" (the default viewer), if you have Vista/Win7, in slideshow mode and see if animation (e.g. zoom+pan) is accelerated? If it's not will be very sluggish and jerky and CPU usage is above 80% during pics transitions.

Some programs have problems with 2D and the 195 family...

Is Glass/Aero/DWM enabled? These transitions run in 3D acceleration, the items you mention are not 2D operations.

PS: To everyone, ALWAYS leave Glass/Aero/DWM enabled - it speeds up more than people realize from fonts rendering to even decoding bitmaps and many GDI+ operations. Using the 'Basic' interface is slower 99.9% of the time, even though people think the extra 'pretty glass' would be slower, it really isn't. (And if you don't like the transparency, just turn it off with the Slider, but leave Glass/Aero/DWM turned on.)

• 1 month later...

I think it's interesting to know how fast these new drivers are in DX10. Since some updates ago I seem to notice a vast increase in the performance of Bioshock DX10 mode (and I love DX10 because it looks much better than with other subtle improvements). But because I had some crashes with my current version (official 186.03), I will now try this one. Or is there a definite recommendation for the 8600mGT at this moment?