LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Broadcom Bluetooth Troubles [Dell Precision M4400]

NighTalon

Broadcom Bluetooth Issues  

1. 1. Are you having Bluetooth Issues with your Broadcom 2045?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which Driver are you using?

• Earlier Driver
    • 5.X
    • 6.0.X
    • 6.1.X
    • Other 6.2.0.XXXX Build
    • 6.2.1.XXXX
    • More Recent Driver

Hey y'all.

I proposed a Bluetooth subforum, but there doesn't seem to be too much demand.

Here is a synopsis of the troubles I've had with the Bluetooth module on my Dell laptop under Windows 7:

I found that reverting the BIOS to its defaults generally fixes this problem. I've encountered it while playing music over Bluetooth speakers, and also after using the module in MacOS 10.6.

I also updated the Broadcom Bluetooth drivers to 6.2.0.9700; (available on Acer's website) I was using 6.2.0.8200, not the latest on the Dell site, which are 6.2.0.8500. Please note that there are 6.2.1.XXXX versions in the wild.

Will report back if the issue reoccurs.

Also, please note that while once upon a time, disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth in the BIOS fixed the issue, this time it did not. A full BIOS reset was required.

Working with Windows 7 x64 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit/MacOS X 10.6.2 with 32-bit kernel and drivers but 64-bit binaries. There is no Bluetooth-enabler for 64-bit kernel, so I was unable to test this.

Downloading the drivers from the Broadcom website fails because the installer identifies the adapter as Dell's, and then asks you to download it from the OEM website.

Please let me know if any of you find a 6.2.1.XXXX version that functions on any Dell.

Edited by NighTalon

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all.

I proposed a Bluetooth subforum, but there doesn't seem to be too much demand.

Here is a synopsis of the troubles I've had with the Bluetooth module on my Dell laptop under Windows 7:

I found that reverting the BIOS to its defaults generally fixes this problem. I've encountered it while playing music over Bluetooth speakers, and also after using the module in MacOS 10.6.

I also updated the Broadcom Bluetooth drivers to 6.2.0.9700; (available on Acer's website) I was using 6.2.0.8200, not the latest on the Dell site, which are 6.2.0.8500. Please note that there are 6.2.1.XXXX versions in the wild.

Will report back if the issue reoccurs.

Also, please note that while once upon a time, disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth in the BIOS fixed the issue, this time it did not. A full BIOS reset was required.

Working with Windows 7 x64 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit/MacOS X 10.6.2 with 32-bit kernel and drivers but 64-bit binaries. There is no Bluetooth-enabler for 64-bit kernel, so I was unable to test this.

Downloading the drivers from the Broadcom website fails because the installer identifies the adapter as Dell's, and then asks you to download it from the OEM website.

Please let me know if any of you find a 6.2.1.XXXX version that functions on any Dell.

I'm downloading 6.2.0.9700 from RapidShare? We'll see if it's for real.

I downloaded .9600 from Dell's site, got .9000? Tried using Broadcom's update utility thing and 1) It won't work unless there is a BT radio detected. And on Dell's, the Dell driver must be installed for it to be detected. 2) If the Dell driver is installed, it spits an error saying it can't update and you need to go the manufacturer.

UGHHHH

~Ibrahim~

P.S> How do I know what Broadcom chip I have? I have the Dell Bluetooth 370?

Edited by ikjadoon