LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony VAIO VGN-FZ290 NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

Guest psycacti

Guest psycacti

Hello,

I just bought a used Sony VAIO that had Vista, which I didn't want, so I uninstalled it and put on a clean install of XP Pro SP1. I downloaded the driver for my GPU (GeFore 8400M GT) and the modded .inf file.

The installation is performed and appears fine, until right at the end I get an error message about "NVIDIA control panel could not be installed," at which point the driver is uninstalled and the system reboots.

Is there a way anyone knows to fix this?

Guest morizcaballero

Hi , I have a similar Vaio,with the same graphic driver, and my issues problems where solved, just by downlaoding Dox drivers in one of the forums of this very site (Dox is programer, and awesome one by the way)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/122-doxs-customized-forceware-releases/

you won't need to download the inf. or anything else (as the modder)

just download the forceware 185.85 (that is the lastest release) and install it.

And you will be able to play bionic commando in low res,(800x600) but very playable, exelent frame rate.

sorry for my terrible english.

and have a happy new year.

• 7 months later...