LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia 8600m GS, which drivers newer?

Guest Crazzzy Stoner

Guest Crazzzy Stoner

Hi, right now i have the official nvidia 186.81 driver for the 8600m GS. I checked for updates with windows nothing, checked with Device Detective nothing new, and then i checked Nvidia.com and it said the driver 179.48 is newer and to update, but before i do it seams wrong and that the 179.48 is an older driver. Am i wrong or?

Also am i better off using unofficial drivers from this website or are the official drivers better?

• 7 months later...

i got win7 64bit on asus z96s. the 2xx.xx series didn't allow me to use vga and svideo out, so i installed 197.44 64bit from this site and it works (make sure you dl the modded inf too).

i got win7 64bit on asus z96s. the 2xx.xx series didn't allow me to use vga and svideo out, so i installed 197.44 64bit from this site and it works (make sure you dl the modded inf too).

It was the "feature" of some 257/258 drivers. Have a try with 257.41, 258.49 or 259.31 - at least my VGA out works with them.