LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GT 330M Windows XP Drivers

Guest Kamar244

Guest kamar244

Hi Galdere,

I tried your last version, it unfortunately still doesn't work, still same problem.

I'm getting realy embarassed to keep asking :) I have realy no clue what all these things in the nvam.ini mean, else I would try to play around with it.

Did a fresh xp install btw, just to make sure nothing remained of the previous stuff.

What I see, when the driver is installed for the first time, I only have the laptop screen. After the reboot, suddenly 3 screens apear in the device manager.

No worries.

So what happens if you disable the extra two monitors?

Is that just with the last driver?

Guest kamar244

disabling two monitors doesn't do anything (tried several combinations, just leaving one of the 3 active, or even turn all 3 off), it still behaves in the same way.

Two monitors are called "Plug and play monitor" and one is called "default monitor"

It does it in previous version too, just didn't notice it, since I only realised yesterday that the black screen is actualy caused by switching to the external vga port.

Is there a dual function button to change monitors on your laptop?

Did you see what I mentioned about virtualization?

Before you answer, here is another to try. Not much has changed as I'm running out of options now tbh, so might have to look at this from another angle or curse sony.

http://rapidshare.com/files/349869464/kamar244v4.zip.html

Guest kamar244

Last version does exactly the same. Now the GT 330M is called %NVIDIA_DEV.0A29.1%, think that's just down to a copy paste error.

Problem with virtualisation is I can't get the VPN client to run to connect to the corporate vpn server. So it's not realy a option.

• 2 months later...

Hello! i recently did my own hack for the GT 330M chip for my Sony VPCF11Z1E and Windows XP 32bit, if you still have the problem maybe i can help you

PM me or reply in the forum

/ Lennart

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Superduperman

No no, I got gt330m working with xp, the thing is that gt330m is a dual display card (Nvidia and Intel) and xp doesent support dual cards. What you have to do is to go in too your bios and disable the Intel card. After that drivers from laptopvideo2go.com will work..