LaptopVideo2Go Forums

EDID file needed: ultrasharp UXGA 1600x1200 not SEC3255

Keef

Hi I have an old Precision M50 with a quadro4 700 gogl and a sec3255 ultrasharp uxga screen running windows 7 ultimate.

I have been experimenting with custom EDID information and I have found that the monitor EEPROM is writeable. So I would like a copy of a working EDID from a sharp or manufacturer other that Seiko Epson/Samsung please.

This panel is in Dell C840 and I8200 as well, it has a max resolution of 1600x1200 and is a 15 inch screen. I'm not certain but it maybe in Toshiba and IBM laptops also.

This has nothing to do with the custom INF fix offered; the sec3255 made by sieko-epson has incorrect EDID info flashed into the EEPROM from manufacture (screen has 2R2902150U2 as a Samsung part number I think).

By the way 65.90 are stable with this setup. If anyone can help I will post my findings if successful which I think I will be.

Keef

Edited by Keef

• 8 months later...

Fixed! Check my other posts for new EDID file for hardware fix.