LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sound Driver update for Vostro 1500?

yusky03

I tried drivers from the stickies and they ether didn't work once installed or would not install at all.

Sooo... is there a driver for my Vostro 1500 that is not 2 years old?

Almost forgot Device ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_10280228&REV_1002

Edited by yusky03

Thank you... but sadly it did not work. Everything seems to be correct on restart but once an application tries to play sound it freezes and I have to end the process. If I try to play a test sound in sound properties I get error saying "Failed to play test tone".

These are the steps I did...

Disabled Internet Security

Extracted version 6.10.6263.0 from Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers to my desktop

Replaced WRT.ini you gave me with the one in "Desktop\idt_6263\WDM\Vista"

Uninstalled old sound driver > Restarted

Installed new driver > Restarted

Edit: The integrated mic seems to work. I can see the volume bar go up and down in sound properties.

Edited by yusky03

I get this error when I try to install...

"_ExitError: Error=Error in installation, Unknown Error"

... Could you have uploaded corrupt files?

Edit: Google brings back no results relating to that specific error.

Edited by yusky03

I just tried a bunch of different drivers and most of them I got the same result. Everything works great besides the most important part... output... Even my integrated and headset mic work. Everything in the IDT control panel works too but when I try to play a sound whatever is playing the sound freezes. I really don't want to go back to that s***ty driver. Anyone else got any ideas? There has to be something I am doing wrong if someone else with a maxed out Vostro 1500 can get it to work lol.

I dont know what to tell you. It works for me. Have u moded your system for custom themes. I ask b/c 1 of the files moded for custom themes is for some reason a part of the sound system.

Edited by mrx

Actually I do...

http://djabytown.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Agility-Visual-Style-148691785

... it so sexy :)

I will mess around with it some time when I get bored / it starts bugging me lol

... Thanks for trying :)

Edited by yusky03

Well... damn it... Now my old stupid driver is doing it.

I took your advice and restored my patched files > Restarted into safe mode > Ran DriverCleaner.net with "Sigmatel Audio" filter > Rebooted into safe mode again and installed old Sigmatel driver... And it is still doing what the new driver was doing. :|

So unless anyone else has any bight ideas I am going to bite the bullet and format. :)

If u do format. install the driver with the wrt.ini i gave u and see if the sounds works like it should.

Guest AndiWandi

mrx: mad props to you for uploading your drivers. I have a Vostro 1500 as well and along the way you solved my driver problem too, thanks! Works flawlessly!

I was wondering if I could get the newest driver with the modded ini to work, but the installer says there's no device available for driver installation. I put your ini in the WDM folder. Maybe I forgot to edit certain files?

I used the latest from this sticky...

... I did format and it works with your .ini... Somethings was wrong with my system. Tried to update my graphics driver and it was not agreeing with it and when I went to format I got some can't read from disk errors (copying files I was backing up). I don't think it was a virus ect I think I just lost system stability for trying out tweaks and hacks over the months lol

But IDT SRS sound is the biggest load of crap I have ever used... sounds like crap and I turned it off... but I do think the driver is an improvement over the old.

If you really want your audio to sound good ditch SRS and get this...

http://www.qolabs.com/audioburst/

I can no longer live without this prog...

Edit: Oh and thanks again :)

Edited by yusky03

grab this. http://www.mediafire.com/?wrvnyxjkyzo then put that with any new idt software and there is your sound.

Thanks a lot for this INI file. I tried many modded drivers, but I always have problems with INI files. This works for me on modded drivers 6263. How to add this INI file into non-modder drivers I don't know, because it has many INI files.

I tried drivers from the stickies and they ether didn't work once installed or would not install at all.

Sooo... is there a driver for my Vostro 1500 that is not 2 years old?

Almost forgot Device ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_10280228&REV_1002

yusky03, you could have used the Sigmatel HD Audio v6.10.0.5866 driver from either R190517 or R218148.

That hardware device id HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_10280228 IS on both of those packages and should work on your Vostro 1500 laptop. Before you use this one, you have to uninstall any existing IDT/Sigmatel drivers (modded or not), then run either R190517 or R218148 to install the drivers.

I got those ver. 6.10.5866 Vista Sigmatel sound drivers to work on the Inspiron E1405 laptop - no mods necessary.

Edited by erp-ster7n