LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA QUADRO FX 3700M owners!

imcheemo

Since the day I owned the Dell Precision M6400 with NVIDIA's Quadro FX 3700M, I have been having stability issues with gaming no matter what setting I play under (great image and performance but annoying stutters every 10 seconds when moving).

Yes I understand Quadro's aren't meant for gaming but from what I understand, my 3700M is equivalent to a GeForce 9800M. I've constantly tried installing the newest drivers from here with the modified .inf's but the random stutters after every 10 seconds in-game still persists.

Has anyone with the same graphics card been able to fix this issue? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

What OS are you using? How many and what types of programs are running in the background? This seems like more of a CPU usage problem than GPU.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Core 2 Extreme Q9300 @ 2.54GHz

I recently did a clean install of windows after reformatting as well.

• 3 months later...
Guest bienenbaer

Did you check the GPU load? Is there any periodical spike?

I had a very similar problem on an XPS M170 (of course an older model ...). Cause turned out to be McAfee's AntiBot checker which every some seconds needed so much GPU time that the game stuttered.

Note: it occurred even in offline games because the McAfee AntiBot checker ran anyway. You could not disabled it, it needed to be de-installed.