LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia GeForce 8400m GT

Guest mackpl

Guest mackpl

hi i have a sony vaio VGN-FZ340E with a geForce 8400M GT and i just want to get the latest update on it. I've tried every update they have on the nVidia web site and my system wont allow it to update. It says that there are no files compatible with the driver and the setup will exit .....please help me. Thank You

197.45 will install fine, delete nv_disp.inf/cat, replace with nv_whql.inf/cat and run setup

Edited by ricktendo64

Guest mackpl

197.45 will install fine, delete nv_disp.inf/cat, replace with nv_whql.inf/cat and run setup

[/quote

im trying to find the nv_disp.inf/cat file but i cant find it ..... i have a 7.15.11.128 installed

Guest Ravi

ok ... i deleted the old driver....extracted the new one...replaced the 2 files and still cant get it to install ..the setup exits

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR520e with an NVidia 8400M GT with the same problems. I did a clean install of Windows 7 (32 bit). I have tried the various suggestions (installing driver with modded inf file, downloading closest file and modifying the inf file), all to no avail. It installs fine but when Windows 7 re-boots, it hangs. PLEASE HELP!!! This is driving me batty! :-)

Thanks for any help in advance!

Ravi

Guest roadrunner2455

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR520e with an NVidia 8400M GT with the same problems. I did a clean install of Windows 7 (32 bit). I have tried the various suggestions (installing driver with modded inf file, downloading closest file and modifying the inf file), all to no avail. It installs fine but when Windows 7 re-boots, it hangs. PLEASE HELP!!! This is driving me batty! :-)

Thanks for any help in advance!

Ravi

Have you tried renaming nv_whql.inf to nv_disp.inf & overwriting the original nv_disp.inf then running the setup?

Leave the nv_whql.cat with its original filename, don't rename it

Here is a direct link to the MS Update driver v197.45 for Vista/Windows 7 x86 just to be sure

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2010/04/20348934_f270054199e5e2aa253209cd186d72e9d8874c88.cab

Edited by ricktendo64

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, if you want to update your video adapter driver for windows XP here is what you have to do

- download this

(it will be an self extract archive / when you'll install you'll get an 197.45 Folder)

- in the folder 197.45 you will find an archive named "aditional_infs.zip" there are 2 files nv4_disp.inf & nv_whql.inf

- Extract only the file nv_whql.inf in another folder .

- Rename it nv4_disp.inf and then copy to the original 197.45 folder you will have to hit "overwright" because it already exist

- Then install by setup.exe

Worked fine 4 me

For windows 7 or Vista install from the Sony Support site section Download "original installed" The drivers from Win Vista work fine on Win 7

198.05 will also do what you say Marvin