LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Fx5650 on Win98

ulysses

As the topic says

i have recieved an odd order, to throw Win98 onto this old junker(Dell D800) for a friend who doesnt enjoy dosbox.

Now, i have managed somehow to get everything else working, USB, DVD drive etc. But now i wanted to complete the job by getting the Geforce going.

I grabbed the drivers off of Dell, and lo and behold, the nvidia installer says it refuses to install, due to the operating system being incompatible,

Ok so i go to the nVidia website, find out that i should grab 71.80 for Win98 and the 5650

and it fails, citing that it cannot find my hardware in the inf file. i replace it with one from the inf enhancer on this website (it has never failed me before) but i get the same error.

Could i get some help in modifying the inf file further so that it supports this outdated video card AND outdated operating syste,

any help appreciated.

I am sorry, but i forgot to mention that its a laptop card, and therefor probably a go or mobile variant. does that change any of these responses?