LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can not get 6400 go to work on windows 7

Guest ShaneDroz

Guest ShaneDroz

Hey. Ok, I just recently recieved a sony vaio laptop and I've tried everything to get my 6400go to work on it. I've downloaded the drivers from this site and the modded inf. files. Nothing has worked. The drivers will install but after the reboot they come up with an error saying "windows has detected a problem with this deviced". I then installed the windows vista nvidia driver on the sony vaio driver site and that "worked". It installed but at startup the screen would flicker and then I'd get a popup saying the drivers were missing a file.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's unbelievably frustrating trying to get this to work. I've tried everything I was able to find by searching google and these forums.

whats the driver,how did you do it?

Anyway,i advice you:

1. Uninstall you current driver.

2. Use Driver Sweeper to clean up leftovers.

3. Try Dox Drivers. They could work out.

Edited by leshcat

If you want WHQL try installing 197.45 from MS Update, more info

Guest ShaneDroz

I've unistalled the drivers and reinstalled them. I've tried the latest drivers on the download page on this site with the modded inf. and that didn't work. I've tried doing the auto find thing to get the drivers and they installed but didn't work correctly. I'll try the MS ones just linked but I doubt they will work.

Delete nv_disp.inf/cat and rename nv_whql.inf to nv_disp.inf (dont rename nv_whql.cat) and run setup