LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Geforce/ION 197.75 driver goes WHQL

mobilenvidia

Thanks to those that pointed this out.

This driver set has now gone WHQL.

For those not sure what this means:

The driver is identical to beta version, all that has changed is Microsoft has given it a certificate to say it's passes their tests.

There is no need to download this again as nothing will be gained.

Only installing this version it won't give the warning that the driver is not signed.

NVIDIA Geforce/ION 197.75 WHQL

Guest Joep21

Theze drivers will not install for my 8600m GS,(or actually they do, but no control panel or driver-information > DXDIAG), even with the modified inf.

Does this driver support 8600m? WinVista 32bit

Guest General Frags

Theze drivers will not install for my 8600m GS,(or actually they do, but no control panel or driver-information > DXDIAG), even with the modified inf.

Does this driver support 8600m? WinVista 32bit

Same here, I tried other modded drivers on this site too which have worked in the past for me none of them drivers now work at all only the official 195.16 from nvidia works.

Did you uninstall your old driver and use Driver Sweeper? Well, it's not always necessary as I myself installed 197.75 without driver cleaning, but it depends on which old driver is installed. Several times it has been obligatory to get working Control Panel also for me.

Guest Joep21

Did you uninstall your old driver and use Driver Sweeper? Well, it's not always necessary as I myself installed 197.75 without driver cleaning, but it depends on which old driver is installed. Several times it has been obligatory to get working Control Panel also for me.

Thanks for your answer, I installed it with using driversweeper, and without using it, in safe mode and in non-safe mode and the result stays the same :)

Oh well, I'm forced to stick to the 197.16 drivers atm.

S#.t happens - better luck next time; I've had that problem with some driver, but it's pretty rare, once in 50 tries perhaps.