LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m gt + 197.75 = stutterless WIN

Guest cash

Guest cash

i just installed 197.75 win 7 64bit driver and i almost cried, nothing but smooth motion and non of that nvidia micro stutter that we all live with and pretend it's not there

also i got 2285 for shader 3 in 3dmark06 so the performance is on par with all the latest drivers if you have a 8600m gt you MUST try these

What Nvidia micro-stutter? I also have an 8600m GT and I don't know what you are talking about.

Guest cash

What Nvidia micro-stutter? I also have an 8600m GT and I don't know what you are talking about.

when you play a gain the animation appears jerky, it's a very subtle effect but if you play games like counterstrike that run at 100+ fps but appear jerky it is really annoying, it is also less visible on lcd screens because of the refresh lag, but if you play on a crt(85hz+)/led/plasma it is really obvious and annoying

it's a big problem with the 8600m gt specially but other cards also experience same effect, apparently all sli/crossfire cards have it and it's a huge problem cuz the subjective framerate appears low even if the benchmark tells you it's high

i have been using drivers from 2007 for this reason since some of them fix this problem but they perform worse than new driver

anyways this driver is the first new driver that fixes my stuttering, i'm having a blast playing just cause 2, but try it and see for yourself

i just installed 197.75 win 7 64bit driver and i almost cried, nothing but smooth motion and non of that nvidia micro stutter that we all live with and pretend it's not there

also i got 2285 for shader 3 in 3dmark06 so the performance is on par with all the latest drivers if you have a 8600m gt you MUST try these

Only 2285? That seems a bit low for the 8600m GT, even the DDR2 version. Though the driver satisfies you in the likes of counterstrike, you may want to check that it is not the driver causing such a terrible benchmark score.

I do have the same stuttering problem with my 8600m gt! How did you manage to install the 197.75 drivers? The modded inf does not support that card.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dzeesus...

What's this then (from the modified inf):

; Pieter's INF version 4.028

; NVIDIA Windows Vista / Windows 7 (64 bit) Display INF file

DriverVer = 04/28/2010, 8.17.11.9775

"NVIDIA_DEV.0407.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT"

Guest cash

Only 2285? That seems a bit low for the 8600m GT, even the DDR2 version. Though the driver satisfies you in the likes of counterstrike, you may want to check that it is not the driver causing such a terrible benchmark score.

lol it's just the shader 3 score the boat and arctic test, my total it about 6020~

Guest cash

I do have the same stuttering problem with my 8600m gt! How did you manage to install the 197.75 drivers? The modded inf does not support that card.

Thanks for your help in advance.

make sure you overwrite the original inf with the modded one, windows will ask you to copy and replace i think, check it's size after it' should match the size of modded one(larger than original inf)

I guess I must never see the micro-stuttering because I use vsync.

lol it's just the shader 3 score the boat and arctic test, my total it about 6020~

My error. I should have read more closely. Makes sense now.