LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GTS 360m 32bit XP-drivers for a Clevo W860CU?

Guest pyl

Hi, I've been enjoying my new W860CU a great deal, and wanted to throw Windows XP Pro SP3 on it to run some "legacy software" - I generally stick to Ubuntu these days.

I've been having a hell of a time finding drivers for the GTS 360m, though - digging all over the place has given me a handful of drivers i can get to install through editing .INFs, and all the ones that appear to install successfully give the same result - a completely black screen when the login screen should appear. After waiting a couple of seconds the backlight even turns off, though the system still appears to be running just fine.

I've been wondering if it could be an EDID-issue, but connecting external monitors to either the HDMI or the DVI and hitting the screen-changing button didn't do yield any results. Have anyone here succeeded in getting Windows XP running with a GTS 360m? Could anyone point me to a working driver? I've tried about 10 so far, from 188.43 to 197.45, including Nvidias offical 197.16.

The screen-change button probably is handled by some proprietary application that was packaged with the system. Other than that, I would recommend trying a recent LV2G driver with the modded INF.

I've finally gotten an image to display on the monitor - only problem is, it only appears when i have a VGA monitor connected to the machines DVI port. When i do this, the nvidia driver lists the VGA monitor as the active monitor even though the image is displayed on the laptops internal LCD, and there is no sign of the laptop LCD anywhere. I can't really keep booting my computer connected to a VGA monitor, is there any way to make the driver force LVDS output?

Have you tried using Phyxion.net Driver Sweeper to remove all previous driver files?