LaptopVideo2Go Forums

INF v4.032

mobilenvidia

This ads DRS support to the INF.

Updates some other new INF settings that come with 256 drivers.

No other changes, and applies to 257.15

DRS just stands for DRiverS. The inf switch installs and runs DBInstaller (Database Installer) and nvdrsdb (nVidia Drivers Database) to install GPU driver settings profiles. Very similar system to what ATI did with seperate Application Profile updates and it's an encrypted file. It's a system that enables them to frequently release updated gpu application profiles without the need to release a whole driver. It looks like the old NvApps.xml has been depreciated.

Once the driver is installed, you should be able to find all the new binary files in:

c:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrsdb0.bin

c:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrsdb1.bin

c:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrssel.bin

c:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrswr.lk

What's DRS?

You tell me :)

What is NVSMI ?

What's DRS?

DRS just stands for DRiver Settings. The inf switch installs and runs DBInstaller (Database Installer) and nvdrsdb (nVidia Driver Settings Database) to install GPU driver settings profiles. Very similar system to what ATI did with seperate Application Profile updates and it's an encrypted file. It's a system that enables them to frequently release updated gpu application profiles without the need to release a whole driver. It looks like the old NvApps.xml has been depreciated.

Once the driver is installed, you should be able to find all the new binary files in:

Edit: In Release 256 and later display drivers, NVIDIA has made some significant enhancements to the infrastructure of the 3D settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel. These infrastructure changes will make the 3D settings and profiles faster and more robust and provide 3rd party developers with full access and control through a new API. The new infrastructure no longer uses XML to store some of the settings like SLI profiles. Instead, all 3D settings and profiles are fully integrated into the new API with support for versioning, Unicode executable names, and improved access performance. This now includes not just control over DirectX settings, but also OpenGL and CUDA settings. Instead of editing NvApps.xml, we have created a simple tool that enables SLI customers to export their SLI profiles to a text file, edit them, and then import them back into the driver. A new tool called “Geforce_SLI_Profile_Tool.exe” can be downloaded in order to set and change SLI profiles.

Edited by Rik55

DRS just stands for DRiverS. The inf switch installs and runs DBInstaller (Database Installer) and nvdrsdb (nVidia Drivers Database) to install GPU driver settings profiles. Very similar system to what ATI did with seperate Application Profile updates and it's an encrypted file. It's a system that enables them to frequently release updated gpu application profiles without the need to release a whole driver. It looks like the old NvApps.xml has been depreciated.

Cheers for that explanation :)

Where now I can download this v4.032? From drivers page now download version v4.034. Whether inclusion DRM in v4.034 enters?

Where now I can download this v4.032? From drivers page now download version v4.034. Whether inclusion DRM in v4.034 enters?

I've not removed anything from v4.032 only added the ability to add more feature should your GPU support them.

I've not removed anything from v4.032 only added the ability to add more feature should your GPU support them.

I have understood, but I cannot find the link for downloading INF v4.032.

From here http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/255series/25715_win7x32/nv_disp.inf downloading version INF v4.034 which required NVIDIA Verde/Desktop 257.15, and does not work with original desktop drivers.

Where i can download INF v4.032 for the original desktop drivers 257.15?

INFs get over written as they get updated.

Seeing you helped with a driver find least I can do is pay you back :)

Attached is modded INF for Desktop 257.15 x64

Not exactly the same INF, but should install identically.

nv_disp.zip