LaptopVideo2Go Forums

driver for gt330m in vaio f

Guest Salvo

Guest Salvo

Hi all

i want to know if is possible to install in my Sony Vaio F the new driver of nvidia.

My configuration is:

sony vaio vpcf11c5e

i7-720

nvidia gt330m 1gb with the driver original of sony 8.16.11.8867

windows 7 64bit home edition

I saw in the nvidia site that the latest version is 197.16 but when try to install it stopped with this message: "The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

what's the solution? There are problems with the drivers of nvidia that don't are released from sony? I don't want that my system becomes unstable, if is so i remain with the actual drivers

thanks all

Salvo

You should install the latest driver with the LV2G modded INF.

Thank you for your reply

Can i have problems installing this driver? instability or overheating?

The link for the download is this? http://www.laptopvid.../win7x64/197.16

sorry but i'm not an expert and is the first time that i come in this website

Salvo

No, you shouldn't. I have never had any problems with it.

Noticed newer 8.16.11.8880 today on the VAIO ftp

Why would you want to install a driver version as old as 188.xx on your PC?

Guest Salvo

Thank Michael, i try with this http://www.laptopvid.../win7x64/197.16

but i receive the same message "The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

I try also with the driver posted by ricktendo64, it complete the installation but never change, it result ever the 8.16.11.8867,

i retry tomorrow

If you have any suggestions please post it

thank you

Thank Michael, i try with this http://www.laptopvid.../win7x64/197.16

but i receive the same message "The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

I try also with the driver posted by ricktendo64, it complete the installation but never change, it result ever the 8.16.11.8867,

i retry tomorrow

If you have any suggestions please post it

thank you

You must download the Modded INF and copy it to the driver folder, replacing the older INF. Then, it will work. Ricktendo64's driver did not work because it was an older version than the one you already have installed.

Guest Salvo

You must download the Modded INF and copy it to the driver folder, replacing the older INF. Then, it will work. Ricktendo64's driver did not work because it was an older version than the one you already have installed.

Thank you very much for your explain Michael, it works very fine and is very simple to install.

greetings

Salvo