LaptopVideo2Go Forums

IDT Audio Control Panel Missing in XP

Guest Alex

Guest Alex

I have an HP DV2-1030us

For a number of months I have tried in vain to find an IDT audio driver that will give me a control panel in Windows XP. I have no problem actually installing various driver versions, but every time I do, I am always left without a control panel, which leads to lack of power saving function, no SRS audio component (so it sounds pretty crappy), and other odd things, such as crackly sound in some games. Please don't tell me to use Win 7 because I have for quite some time, and it doesn't come close to XP's speed mainly because the little AMD Neo processor probably can't handle all the load. I tried installing drivers for the HP Mini for instance, which has windows xp and an IDT soundcard and a acual control pannel, but no dice. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much!

Alex

i think you've answered your own question. with either the idt or sigmatel audio control panel app, you get few to no options or the control panel doesn't work with your idt/sigmatel audio device. sorry alex.

time to move on w/out the control panel app.

Edited by erp-ster7n