LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Missing question in the FAQ

trobbins182

Hi.

Mi situation is the following:

I have an HP pavillion dv6000 with an Nvidia 8400M GS.

I just bought a 40' tv, and I wanted to test my hdmi output with a 1080p movie.

When I did, I noticed some frames were dropping and I thought of updating my drivers so I reached this site.

I just read the FAQ and the ForceWare Updater's Quickstart Guide.

I feel that there is an answer missing: Why would I want to use this drivers?

I just found:

We, the LaptopVideo2Go.com Team, are unlocking those restrictions and also fixing some problems and tweaking the drivers for the best experience with your laptop/desktop and nVidia graphics card.

Perhaps a benchmark link to see how this drivers are better than the common nvidia ones.

If I am wrong and this info is available, please point me to the right direction.

Thanks!

PS: Should I update my driver to NVIDIA driver v257.15 for Windows XP 32bit to fix my drop frame issue?

In terms of any difference the tweaks here make id say they will be negligable as generally they enable new/hidden features rather than boost the performance outright and the only performance gains will be through using these features and overclocking etc.

As for the P.S., like anything in the enthusiast PC market its a case of suck it and see, try them yourself and note any results or benchmark them yourself against the old one. The new 256 betas have been good performers so far though so its worth a shot and if you are running video make sure you have a player capable of using the DXVA capabilities (media player classic home cinema) and codecs required (something like the k-lite codec pack includes all these) and grab a copy of flash 10.1 from adobe if its streaming stuff from the web.