LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Updating my videocard driver

Naivar

I have an XPS m1710 running windows xp 34-bit, and my videocard is a nvidia geforce go 7900 gtx, and I have recently decided to start using the drivers from this site to update it, as the drivers from nvidia do not work much of the time. I have read the beginers guild and all of that, but it says that the geforce go 7900 gtx can be compatible with 80 and up? I could not find any 80s, and wasnt sure what it meant exactly by and up, like even to the most recent ones coming out?

I know you guys are sick of telling people what the best driver is for them; however, I am not only asking you about this, but also how I might be able to figure it out on my own in the future? I am not all that tech savvy, and I really do not want to download one that will make my laptop explode, haha.

Here is what I am looking for in a driver:

I game a lot, so one that can handle gaming,

My laptop tends to run really hot, so one that will run at lower temps

Thank you guys in advance, I appreciate your help.

I have an XPS m1710 running windows xp 34-bit, and my videocard is a nvidia geforce go 7900 gtx, and I have recently decided to start using the drivers from this site to update it, as the drivers from nvidia do not work much of the time. I have read the beginers guild and all of that, but it says that the geforce go 7900 gtx can be compatible with 80 and up? I could not find any 80s, and wasnt sure what it meant exactly by and up, like even to the most recent ones coming out?

I know you guys are sick of telling people what the best driver is for them; however, I am not only asking you about this, but also how I might be able to figure it out on my own in the future? I am not all that tech savvy, and I really do not want to download one that will make my laptop explode, haha.

Here is what I am looking for in a driver:

I game a lot, so one that can handle gaming,

My laptop tends to run really hot, so one that will run at lower temps

Thank you guys in advance, I appreciate your help.

In most cases the best driver is the LATEST one, it will have the most bug fixes and performance enhancements. Since the 7 series is no longer supported i would try using one of Dox's drivers, they can be found in the forums.