LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Performance drivers for 9300M GS

Guest Chris

Guest Chris

Hey,

I've been having tremendous trouble with getting any decent drivers on my vaio Z series.

The sony default drivers can't even play quake 3 with everything turned down as far as possible at solid max fps, which is a joke seeing as the game is 10 years old.

Also, I can't play many videos at full screen, particularly youtube, quake videos and sports highlights. The picture & sound isn't smooth at all.

I used to be able to do both of these things. I tried driver cleaner & reinstalling but that did nothing.

Any other drivers i tried to install lead to the driver being disabled for improper function (Code 43) on reboot. Dox's drivers don't work and booting up into the ignore licensing mode doesn't help either.

My question: is there anyone here with a working combination of intel & nvidia drivers for the 9300M GS? Everything i try doesn't work (dox 182.46, dox 181.20, 197.16, 197.44).

Much appreciated.

You might want to post this in the Hybrid/Optimus forum. Nautis is the guru for these kinds of setups; he can probably help you.