LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVidia 7300Go: Driver not loading at startup

zkvvoob

Hello all,

I've been putting off posting a topic here for several months because I thought I could work this out myself. Alas, the issue persists and I am at a loss what to do, so here it is:

I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop equipped with nVidia 7300 Go (though I do not know which model exactly) and Windows 7 Ultimate installed. I have the latest driver available from nVidia's download page installed and yet when I power up my PC the driver doesn't seem to load properly, which is manifested by the system running in 640x480 resolution. After a reboot, everything is back to normal.

Now, a few observations: I could not install the driver directly through its setup because I got a weird message saying "The setup could not locate any suitable devices..." or something similar, so I used the .inf files instead and installed it manually. From time to time upon boot I would get a BSOD with an error from "nvkl......sys" which, again, resolves itself after a restart.

Also, from time to time an application like Outlook or Excel would crash the driver when I try to minimize it to the tray. Luckily Windows successfully recovers the driver and I could still use the computer, but it still is an annoyance.

I tried installing the latest drivers I could find here, in the forum, that had 7300 in their descritpion, but the setup would display the same message as the one above (cannot find devices...). I don't know what else to do.

To sum up:

* Laptop Make/Model: Lenovo 3000 N200 (currently renamed to Lenovo N200)

* Graphics Card -- Device ID (DEV_ID): PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D7&SUBSYS_383917AA&REV_A1

* Current working Driver Version: 7.15.11.7948

* Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

* NERD log: NERD doesn't seem to be working under Win7 :) but I'd be happy to provide whatever additional info you may need.

Do you think you could help me resolve this little problem?

Edited by zkvvoob