LaptopVideo2Go Forums

system 32 error

Guest jane g

Guest jane g

I have been attempting to connect my PC notebook to my TV via HDMI cable. If I plug it is it says "not plugged in" when I right click the sound button on "playback". I have successfully done this before(connected my PC to my TV). The TV changes and says "no signal". When I click on my NVIDIA icon on my control panel it gives the following error...c:/windows/system32/nvclui.exe. I have gone to the NVIDIA website to download another driver and it will not download...I don't know what to do??? Please help???

Jane, it sounds like a configuration problem in your nVidia Control Panel. Dig around in there and look for the option to configure external monitors.

Jane, it sounds like a configuration problem in your nVidia Control Panel. Dig around in there and look for the option to configure external monitors.

I have nVidia nForce as my playback option on sounds, but it says it is working properly. When I try to download nvidia nForce again, it asks me if I want to overwrite the program...do I want to do that? I have no sound or picture when I plug my HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV. In other words, When I plug that cable in I should have something pop up on my computer asking me what I want to do right? As I said earlier, I have sucessfully hooked my TV to my Laptop before with no problem. Could my driver be bad? When I go to control panel on click on nVidia, it can't bring it up...I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do! Please help???

corty7, HDMI is designed to fail unless all possibilities of piracy are blocked. In this case, it means you need to use an unmodified, certified (WHQL) driver. Download the most recent nForce driver that's labeled WHQL and do allow it to overwrite the older driver.

The nForce driver only controls part of your system. You also need an up to date video driver. Again, it should be the most recent driver for your video card, and it also needs to be WHQL-certified. As with your nForce driver, do allow it to overwrite your older driver.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Guest jane g

corty7, HDMI is designed to fail unless all possibilities of piracy are blocked. In this case, it means you need to use an unmodified, certified (WHQL) driver. Download the most recent nForce driver that's labeled WHQL and do allow it to overwrite the older driver.

The nForce driver only controls part of your system. You also need an up to date video driver. Again, it should be the most recent driver for your video card, and it also needs to be WHQL-certified. As with your nForce driver, do allow it to overwrite your older driver.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Guest jane g

Well, it did not work. It said it uninstalled the other drivers, i told it to overwrite the program, and it keeps commng back after restarting and asking me to do it again! It ave me an error message of nvnrm.nvu...

Jane, that sometimes happens with a failed installation - you can end up with files from more than one driver. Go into the Windows Control Panel and uninstall "Nvidia drivers" there. When you reboot, your video card will be detected again. You can either let the original driver auto-install, or you can tell it you have your own driver and browse for it. I think that will solve your problem, but if it doesn't, let us know.