LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Guest Carolyn

Guest Carolyn

I have tried and tried to find this particular driver, but I cannot understand most of the language here. I did a NERD thingie (attached) but the logfile only shows for the display driver, which I guess is ok. The other .exe files in NERD only pop up a DOS window for a fraction of a second and then go away, so I cannot even see what the screen says much less post it anywhere or put it in a .txt file.

Regardless, I am running Win7 Ultimate x86 and of course I get the error message "nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

I am very happy to do the modded .inf file but I cannot figure out where to find it. I can't figure out how to search on the main website (what to put in the two text fields, as the I have no idea what to put in the first text field, and 2nd one won't let me put 8 characters in there) and can't for the life of me find it here in the forum, since I have no real understanding of what I should be looking for.

I've looked at the "Device Drivers Explained" which makes no sense to me, I've got the QuickStart Guide open. I see this:

GeForce 7xxx cards - 80 and up.

but I can't figure out if I should be looking in the 25x, 19x, 18x, 17x, 16x, 15x or lower areas?

I'm really trying, but this is very confusing to me, so I really just need a wee bit of help pointing me to the right area.

So, I'm looking for whatever I will need for this: NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400" for a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ220 laptop.

Is it PCI\VEN_10DE& DEV_01D8& SUBSYS_81E6104D ? If yes, there seems not to be a spesific driver for Win7, just 180.70 latest for Vista. So you need some driver with modified inf - no guarantee that Sony spesific tweaks do work then. Other Vaio owners' help probably needed.

Guest Carolyn

Sir, thank you for your answer, but I am not quite sure.

I got the name of the diver from here in the list (which is also how it is listed in the quickstart guide here under notebook drivers), and the NERD output for the logfile says:

- LaptopVideo2Go.com (D.I.R.T.) Display Information Retrieval Tool
- Build Date: Aug 16 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Retrieving Display Information...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
- Board Type : GeForce
- Adapter    : GeForce Go 7400
- Device     : \\.\DISPLAY1
- Driver     : 6.14.10.8491
- Mode       : Single-Display
- Number     : 1
- Head       : 0
- Name       : Laptop Display
- Vendor     : 
- Model      : MS_004A
- Identifier : 0xD83C23B0
- Generic    : Laptop Display
- Type       : Laptop Display Panel
- Size       : 3200 x 2000mm (approximately 14.9")
- Transfer   : 1.00

So I am sorry to say I'm not quite clear what I need exactly, and I am not sure as to where to find what you mentioned.

And yes! Other Vaio owners' help would be much appreciated, or anyone who can help me to solve this dilemma.

Guest Carolyn

I saw the GLORY SCREEN!! :)

Thank you "Old Fart" for the string I needed to put into the search in the main part of this site (Drivers) - I never would have found it without you! :P

So, for other Sony Vaio owners out there - you can go here and get what you need, and it works! Note that it says it is for Vista, but I assure you that it works Windows 7.

I don't know what I would have done without you guys! :)

{sorry, having fun with emoticons, lol}

Thanks again ~

Moderators: Could you please change this thread title to '[sOLVED]'?