LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Constant bsod's with 2xx drivers

Inara

I own a clevo x8100 with 2x gtx285m cards.

It's a fantastic machine, but I'm having alot of trouble upgrading my drivers.

I have tried quite a bunch of the 2xx driver including 259.32 and 258.96.

They perform alot better then older drivers (usually over 20% fps increase in most games, often way over 100% when using sli)

Unfortunately they cause random bsod's, and I can't seem to figure out why or how to get rid of the problem :)

The bsod's seem to occur randomly, but I have a feeling they do so more often when watching flash videos (youtube).

However they also occur when I'm watching a movie, playing a game, just writing stuff in word, or even just listening to music.

It happens about 2-3 times a day.

The laptop often completely locks up without displaying a bsod, but about 1 out of 3 times, I do get the bsod, and it's related to the nvidia driver.

The only driver I managed to get to work perfectly stable is the dox optimized 195.62, unfortunately that one is quite slow, especially when using sli.

Another problem I have is that I can't seem to get nvidia perfhud (perftools) to work on any drivers besides 195.62, which is very annoying considering that I'm studying game development, and I have to constantly debug 3d applications which I can only do properly with perfhud.

I attached a minidump, not sure if it'll be of any use though: 082610-27830-01.zip

Any ideas? I don't really do what else to try :)

Cheers,

Inara