LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows thinks I have an external monitor attached

jamus28

I'm running 259.47 on the GT 335m (ASUS N82jv). Every time I boot up, my desktop is "extended" to the left and my mouse cursor annoyingly disappears on that side of the screen. Every startup I have to go into display settings and set "multiple displays" to "only show desktop on 1". Display settings and the nvidia control panel think I have a "generic non-pnp monitor" attached to my vga.

Until I change this setting optimus also tells me that something called "VGA" is using the nvidia card.

Is this problem just a side effect of the drivers? The 259's are the only ones to not give me artifacts and distortions. I tried 258.96 several times.

Is there any way to permanently set the display to "1"?

Thanks.

I'm running 259.47 on the GT 335m (ASUS N82jv). Every time I boot up, my desktop is "extended" to the left and my mouse cursor annoyingly disappears on that side of the screen. Every startup I have to go into display settings and set "multiple displays" to "only show desktop on 1". Display settings and the nvidia control panel think I have a "generic non-pnp monitor" attached to my vga.

Until I change this setting optimus also tells me that something called "VGA" is using the nvidia card.

Is this problem just a side effect of the drivers? The 259's are the only ones to not give me artifacts and distortions. I tried 258.96 several times.

Is there any way to permanently set the display to "1"?

Thanks.

I have the same problem. You could try installing an old driver (258.96 for example) and then updating to the new one by manually selecting the .inf file from the nvidia-driver-folder. That might do the trick. I guess that the new drivers are missing some information so that Windows doesn't know that both your graphics cards are using the same display.