LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 400M news and more

Guest Stefan

Manufacturers Line Up with New 400M Powered Notebooks

New GeForce 400M Series Notebook GPUs Arrive for the Holidays

400m.png

Excuse the crudeness of the below table, but you can get an idea of the performance of each GPU compared to others.

400m_2.png

TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.4.6 already supports these GPUs

(We ofcourse have supported these GPU's for sometime also :) )

NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player v1.6.4 available

New Features

* Added hidden feature 'mono mode' (press Ctrl+Alt+M). It displays the left view on both eyes, but still using the selected viewing method.

* Added command file support

* Added option to launch streaming video feeds directly from command line option

* Fixed DPI awareness on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

* Changed: Updated QuickTime source filter.

So ... basically anything not GTX == rubbish, is what I'm gathering from the perfectly acceptable table.

I'm sure even some of the GTs would be an improvement over my good ole 6600m! Might have to upgrade the old alien with this go round... (note: I'm not that out of date, my desktop has a gtx 480)

edit: Looked it up, and even the base gt would be better than my old one here.

Edited by MobileAlien

I'm sure even some of the GTs would be an improvement over my good ole 6600m! Might have to upgrade the old alien with this go round... (note: I'm not that out of date, my desktop has a gtx 480)

I might be tempted as well for a 400m based notebook, to replace the many times baked 7900GS

I might be tempted as well for a 400m based notebook, to replace the many times baked 7900GS

Although those 4xx cards are going to be a step up, I agree with the previous poster, I wouldn't bother unless it's one of the GTX's based on those specs! Plus, we would cease to get GPU bake news from you! You may well hold the record for the most baked computer component on the planet!?

Although those 4xx cards are going to be a step up, I agree with the previous poster, I wouldn't bother unless it's one of the GTX's based on those specs! Plus, we would cease to get GPU bake news from you! You may well hold the record for the most baked computer component on the planet!?

Would you like Fries with your Baked GPU :)

Would you like Fries with your Baked GPU :)

Yes, definately, or maybe even some (silicon) chips (as they say in the UK) would be a fitting accompaniment to a baked GPU!

I was thrilled when I read the pre-release news leaks, and finally the release on the major tech news sites on Friday...buuuut..this is still all just words and numbers on a computer screen. It will probably still be some time before these GPUs actually make it to market in a consumer notebook. I'm sure Acer/Asus/Toshiba will have offerings, but I wonder if/when Dell and HP (who is nowhere on the 400M equipped notebook list) will have anything.

I've been waiting for Fermi for 3 years. Time to upgrade the 6800Go. Looks like the 445M w/DDR5 is going to be the sweet spot. Hopefully there will be some 17.3/18.4 notebooks with it available.

My guess is MAYBE (that's a big maybe) there will be a few 400M equipped notebooks out before Christmas from Acer/Asus/Toshiba, and there won't be a huge selection of 400M GPUs in notebooks until there's a refresh or new models to go along with Intel's new mobile CPUs in early 2011.

I kind of hope I'm wrong, though. I'd love to snag a sweet deal on a quad core i7/445M equipped notebook on black friday.