LaptopVideo2Go Forums

260 drivers out so far

mobilenvidia

Here are the current 260 series drivers with new Installers.

All versions of the 260 series have been pulled from the NVIDIA website.

I was unfortunate to not be able to get any of the 260.53 versions, if someone has a link to them let us know.

So here they are

Forcware 260.44 Windows 7 / Vista 64bit Tesla, Modded INF installer doesn't work, but modded INF installs just fine via 'Update Driver'

Forcware 260.52 Windows 7 / Vista 32bit Desktop, Modded INF

Forcware 260.52 Windows 7 / Vista 64bit Desktop, Modded INF

Forcware 260.53 Windows 7 / Vista 64bit Quadro, Modded INF

Forcware 260.53 Windows XP 64bit Quadro

Forcware 260.53 Windows XP 64bit Quadro named 26052_winxp64.exe ^^

and your inf is broken, something..i looked through and it differs a lot from other modded inf's (spaces, etc.) ^^

"required files are missing" is the error-msg after setup.

Edited by Revan

All of these drivers fail to initialize my GPU properly, leaving a black screen (but with the backlight on). I really hope NVIDIA fixes this before the "public" beta release.

Guest domenico

All of these drivers fail to initialize my GPU properly, leaving a black screen (but with the backlight on). I really hope NVIDIA fixes this before the "public" beta release.

On my 8600M GT using 260.52 no problems

Exactly same problem here with 8600M GT and win7 x64.

Forcware 260.53 Windows XP 64bit Quadro named 26052_winxp64.exe ^^

and your inf is broken, something..i looked through and it differs a lot from other modded inf's (spaces, etc.) ^^

"required files are missing" is the error-msg after setup.

I only get that error with 260.44 and using the installer.

Using the 'Update driver' 260.44 installs fine and I'm using it now.

Both 260.52 and .53 both install fine with the installer and modded INF, well for me anyway

Guest Fishstick910

I'm loving this driver. It fixed my screen scaling problems and it FINALLY had a setting and an explanation for dynamic tiling in graphics. However, I could have sworn Nvidia was working on fixing dx7 issues with games such as Gothic I & II and GTA San Andreas but I have yet to see any improvement. (I'm going to investigate whether it's an Nvidia thing or a Windows 7 thing now that I have a v260 forceware driver).

Guest GeeButterSnaps

Hey guys,

I was having a problem getting through the installation with the 260.53/52 drivers in Windows 7 x64. I get to the point where it's just about to install the driver, but then cuts to driver installation failed, and I used the modded inf. Anyone else get this on a GTX 260M?

My Specs:

ASUS G51J-A1

-GTX 260M

Why do you guys even wanna bother with this.. Wait for the release nvidia is gonna make, these drivers are obviously bugged to s***.

Can't argue with that. I've installed every 260.xx driver and all I get are errors, all which Iv'e had to install trough "Have disk" method buy the way. The thing is the modded .inf installs fine, but doesn't utilize my Gpu anyway. So I'll be holding off tell Nvidia sort there act out, is nice to see tho the 260.xx drivers are out in public. But yer extremely buggy.

I was having a problem getting through the installation with the 260.53/52 drivers in Windows 7 x64. I get to the point where it's just about to install the driver, but then cuts to driver installation failed, and I used the modded inf. Anyone else get this on a GTX 260M?

My Specs: ASUS G51J-A1 -GTX 260M

Forcware 260.53 Windows 7 / Vista 64bit Quadro, Modded INF

this is a mistake? or all correctly?

[sourceDisksFiles]

NvCplSetupInt.exe = 1

[nv_controlpanel_copyfiles]

NvCplSetupEng.exe,,,0x00000010

Interesting, as I first tried the Forceware 260.52 Win7/Vista 32-bit drivers by performing the 'Have Disc' method and received a error, that some files...(nvxxx.dll) was missing and setup/installation would not continue...Vista timed out.

However, going into my Add/Remove programs, I see:

Nvidia 3D Vision Driver 260.52 (?mb)

Nvidia Drivers (3.29GB)

Nvidia Graphics Driver 260.52 (?mb)

So I immediately knew that there was a corrupted install...my native 1280 x 800 res went to only 1024 x 768, and Vista only came me (and switched to Vista Basic scheme)...no Aero listed....So I uninstalled all three, rebooted and ran Driver Sweeper 2.5, then rebooted again.

Then ran the default setup.exe, and low_behold all installed correctly....LCD immediately went to 1280 x 800, and Aero scheme was back on.....

Seems to be running very smoothly, and thus far stable!

Question: With this entry level GeForce Go 6100 GPU, is there a need to really have the 3D Vision Driver installed? I have explored the Nvidia site to try to get a release note(s) explanation, but no success...

Thanks

Edited by gahbmwm5

Question: With this entry level GeForce Go 6100 GPU, is there a need to really have the 3D Vision Driver installed? I have explored the Nvidia site to try to get a release note(s) explanation, but no success...

There's no reason for you to install. Deselect it.

There's no reason for you to install. Deselect it.

Thank you Galdere...as I will just un-install it via Add/Remove Programs in CP.

Zipper,

Nice thread here to make comparative analyze...thanks

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M in Asus G51 J 15.6" laptop

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/26493-benchmark-results-for-nvidia-geforce-gtx-260m/page__st__20