LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Tecra M4 display driver problems with Win7

Guest RaisingOphelia

Guest RaisingOphelia

Hello everyone!

I've recently purchased a used Tecra M4 and installed windows 7 on it. Everything has upgraded just beautifully except for my display drivers, and I'm about to go insane. My graphics card is an NVidia GeForce Go 6600TE 128M.

Windows Update finds drivers, and when I install them everything seems to be fine until I get past the "starting windows" screen. At some point in between my cursor appearing on screen and any attempts to enter my password, the computer freezes up. Display still on, but no response to any mouse or keyboard commands. Sometimes it freezes up right after my cursor appears, once I got 2 letters into my password before it froze.

NVidia's driver detection utility doesn't detect that I have any NVidia hardware at all, and I can't seem to find the GeForce Go 6600 listed in their manual driver download selections. I tried downloading a couple different drivers for the GeForce 6600 and modifying the inf files, but both of those produced the exact same result as the windows update driver, freeze immediately after windows startup. I've tried the last updated Vista drivers available from Toshiba's support page for the M4, and nothing at all seems to work.

Can anyone here recommend better drivers (or tell me if I'm doing something wrong) before I pull my hair out?