LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Forceware 260.89 Desktop released

zipper

(From Guru3d) Did a quick try by installing via device manager. It didn't find some files and so it's best to wait for a modified inf (Control panel and directx 10 didn't work). Seems to be downloadable @ NVidia now.

when trying to get the driver using the GTX460 in the dropdown it says on the nvidia site 260.89 beta but when you click it its 260.81 WHQL.

i managed to download the file by changing the link:

http://uk.download.n...tional_whql.exe

to the one below:

http://uk.download.n...tional_beta.exe

Edited by feigned-existence

Official NVIDIA 260.89 Beta Display Driver Feedback Thread, New driver for NVIDIA Geforce/ION GPUs

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=182659&st=0&gopid=1129289entry1129289

Thanks for the heads-up gang...

Seems the International.exe--->125 MB, where as the US (Eng).exe---->96.3 MB, but I think (remembering other threads that the US (Eng) .exe will not install (with a modded .inf) through default NV.setup.exe??

Where as the Int'l.exe--->installs fine through the same NV.setup.exe ?? without complaining about missing files??

Please correct me if I'm wrong...thanks

:)

Edited by gahbmwm5

Cool. We need a modded inf for this. Also looks like they removed 260.63 BETA from the download list.

Official NVIDIA 260.89 Beta Display Driver Feedback Thread, New driver for NVIDIA Geforce/ION GPUs

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=182659&st=0&gopid=1129289entry1129289

Thanks for the heads-up gang...

Seems the International.exe--->125 MB, where as the US (Eng).exe---->96.3 MB, but I think (remembering other threads that the US (Eng) .exe will not install (with a modded .inf) through default NV.setup.exe??

Where as the Int'l.exe--->installs fine through the same NV.setup.exe ?? without complaining about missing files??

Please correct me if I'm wrong...thanks

:)

Thanks for informing us, now I can just get the smaller one.

Works great for me, with my own INF derived from nvdm.inf.

Can you post the modded inf? Or is it for your card only?

Can you post the modded inf? Or is it for your card only?

Its for my card only :)

Its for my card only :)

If your "a pro" at making inf's maybe you could contribute to the sites recent lack of INF's. Is there a tutorial of how to mod the files? I know how to for example, install the desktop 6150 drivers on my Go but it's probably not the best way to go.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244&SUBSYS_30B7103C&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244&SUBSYS_30B7103C

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0244&CC_0300

is my info if you could possibly help out.

Could you upload the inf, if it's a different one from .78. Alos does DX & control panel work?

The OP said they were broken :/

Could you upload the inf, if it's a different one from .78. Alos does DX & control panel work?

The OP said they were broken :/

Everything works properly. This INF should work for all Dell laptops running Windows Vista/7 64-bit. It has only been tested with a Vostro 1500 with Windows 7.

nv_disp.inf

Everything works properly. This INF should work for all Dell laptops running Windows Vista/7 64-bit. It has only been tested with a Vostro 1500 with Windows 7.

Thanks again for the help, gonna see if these are better than 260.81. Wonder if temps will be better, current I idle @48-52C.

'Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:30 AM

Night Wing, on 04 October 2010 - 03:49 PM, said:

I get the "required files are missing" error, I think my Dl is corrupted.

edit: Still getting the error with new dl.

Are you using the English version of the driver? You need to use the International version. Sorry I forgot to say that earlier.'

Just as a experiment, I tried only the US-Eng version (again) and it did give me "required files are missing"...so now confirmed..

Thanks Michael & Night Wing...

Edited by gahbmwm5

ok, these drivers install on my dell vostro 1500 WITHOUT having to update the video bios. This inf is for 32bit windows 7 laptop users. Have fun laptop users.

nv_disp.inf

Edited by mrx

Will this INF work for the 460M GTX?

Will this INF work for the 460M GTX?

If its in a Dell, yes. Otherwise, no.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mr. Michael Marley :)

I hope you can help me with the modded INF file for my Nvidia quadro nvs 120m.

I am using Dell latitude d 820. OS is win 7 32 bit ultimate. I have been searching this

site for proper drivers for my Nvidia video chip. when i read your post " all Dell laptops running Windows Vista/7 64-bit." i felt am close to solution. but my OS is not 64-bit

unfortunately. PLZ help ! :)

could you provide solution to my e mail: mmalkawei@hotmail.com

Edited by mmalkawi

You can use practically any of the drivers here. I would recommend using 265.99, which is the latest version right now. Just make sure that you place the modded INF in the driver folder before you install the driver. If you need help, there are directions here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/14640-how-to-use-the-modded-inf/