LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Black Sreeens When logging on or off

BP13

This issue is excluding the fact that this GPU is old and/or the fact that it's fairly defective.

This happens wherever you log on/off the computer. The screen stays black for maybe 10-15 seconds. This happens on EVERY SINGLE driver except HP's provided one. Some drivers are worse than others. For example the 6150 driver provided by Microsoft makes the screen stay black for almost a minute when logging on and off (Also on UAC messages). Currently using a 259.xx driver and it seems better but we all do like perfection or at least make things run as they should.

Please don't tell me to get the HP drivers because they are severely outdated and the forceware is 90 or something really low and it performs much worse compared to other, newer drivers in games.

So my question is that HP or whatever has done something to their driver to fix this issue. If it's some part of the file that someone knows I would gladly edit and change it myself to make the perfect driver for me.

Additional Information:

This issue does not happen on the Non-HP drivers if Aero is turned OFF and/or if Scaling is turned OFF.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guestrecon

ive got this problem too, and it's not just logging on/off. any time administrator privileges are needed the screen will lag as well. it's black but the backlight is on, appears kinda gray. i have a GO 6150 as well and also dont want to revert to the oem drivers.

i havent read up on the NTtweaks and some of other possibilities, perhaps changing one of those settings will fix it. im not good enough to reference the drivers side by side to compare but there's gotta be a way