LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia Geforce 7000m shared memory

tweakit

Hy for all. I am new to laptopvideo2go.

I got an Asus X50N / F5N laptop with geforce 7000m graphics. This card shares 128mb from the system RAM, no dedicated memory.

My problem is that i can't increase the amount of shared memory, i think it's limited to 128mb. I would like to have more like 256mb.

If someone knows how it can be done please tell me. Thanks!

Which drivers are you using. For me with HP's drivers its limited to 281MB and other drivers such as the ones form this site my Shared memory increases to 831MB. I don't get why you would want shared memory at all. Shared memory is completely useless.

If you do want to increase some video memory I would look at the BIOS and raise it from there. I'm pretty sure my GPU takes it all from the ram but on Windows it shows up as dedicated. I can chnage my "dedicated" to 32,64 and 128MB. I wish I had higher options.

Also if you have the right drivers buying more RAM will significantly increase your shared video memory. Mine went from 200 and something to 831MB. After this "massive" change I see no performance gains or loss.

Edited by BP13

Which drivers are you using. For me with HP's drivers its limited to 281MB and other drivers such as the ones form this site my Shared memory increases to 831MB. I don't get why you would want shared memory at all. Shared memory is completely useless.

If you do want to increase some video memory I would look at the BIOS and raise it from there. I'm pretty sure my GPU takes it all from the ram but on Windows it shows up as dedicated. I can chnage my "dedicated" to 32,64 and 128MB. I wish I had higher options.

Also if you have the right drivers buying more RAM will significantly increase your shared video memory. Mine went from 200 and something to 831MB. After this "massive" change I see no performance gains or loss.

Thanks for the reply BP13!, In Bios i ain't got option to change it, the bios is up-to-date. I want more because some games require more like 128.

I am using driver version 176.37 , with Win XP SP3.